Twenty percent of people identify themselves as chronic procrastinators. Is this you?
Do any of these sound familiar?
- You miss opportunities for buying tickets to concerts.
- You file income tax returns late.
- You leave your Christmas shopping until Christmas eve.
- You drink more alcohol than you should (Studies show that procrastinators always drink more than they intend to.)
- You actively look for distractions, especially those that don’t take much commitment. (Checking email perfect for this!)
- You start something but never finish.
I always joke that procrastination is my greatest skill but it’s no longer funny. Procrastination is a nasty habit and a costly one. Putting things off leads not only to lost productivity but also to all sorts of lost money, energy, time, tantrums and meltdowns (or is that just me.)
How does the 7 day course work?
The procrastination-busting week is a 7 day course, where you commit to a ‘power-hour’ of procrastination busting action every day. It can be any time of the day as long as you commit to 60 minutes in a 24 hour period for 5 days (first and last day are for setting your goals and reviewing your goals).
You can break your 60 minutes into any which way you want; 2 x 30 minutes? 6 x 10 minutes? 12 x 5 minutes? All good.
- One ‘power hour’ a day to work on whatever you are procrastinating about. (My power hour will be 6-7am every morming for 5 days. But if that time doesn’t suit, commit to one hour another time during the day. But you have to commit to one hour a day. You need to be able to try out your new procrastinating-busting routine in a daily live environment)
- You need to commit to a daily list of tasks you intend complete in your 60 minutes (via ourbiglife.com, our Big Leap community software.)
- Identify your procrastination style (are you a fear-avoider/an adrenaline junkie/decision avoider?)
- Identify the lies you tell yourself e.g. I work best under pressure/I’ll do it when I feel a bit better
- Identify the benefits to your procrastination.
- Identify the costs to your procrastination.
- Make a commitment to do something different (the definition of insanity is to do the same things but expect different results)
- Create a new way of challenging old thoughts.
- Create a tolerance for emotional discomfort as you ‘feel the fear and do it anyway’.
- Learn scientifically proven methods on how to get things done.
- Create your own personal 5 step PROCRASTINATION-BUSTING strategy.
- Take MASSIVE action for one hour a day where you get to tweak your new strategy so after 7 days you have a new way of busting procrastination whenever or wherever you are.
Sign-up below to get started!